Hopefully you were able to enjoy the holiday spirit and found some time to spend with your loved ones. We also hope you reached your personal and professional goals last year.
As an SaaS product for plagiarism detection, we have achieved some major steps over the past year to ensure the maximum customer satisfaction for all our users. We are especially proud of the following achievements:
- We have added thousands additional open access journals to our database.
- We have updated and added many features to facilitate our users’ workflow and redesigned the user interface to optimize the overview.
- PlagScan is officially collaborating with Austria’s ministry of education and women (‘Bundesministerium für Bildung und Frauen’). All ‘Vorwissenschaftliche Arbeiten’ (pre-scientific papers) are being checked for plagiarism with PlagScan..
- Our document manager and the settings menu received a huge upgrade which allows you to navigate on PlagScan even easier with a polished new user interface.
The document manager now features a bright and lightweight user interface which also works on mobile devices. We rebuilt the way in how the documents are displayed. As a result, you get a better overview over the meta data of your documents.
We also applied the new user interface to the settings. Further, you see frequently used properties to speed up the navigation to important settings. In order to improve your orientation we grouped settings to certain categories. And last but not least also here we were shooting for a responsive design, which allows you better usage on mobile devices!
On top of that we implemented the latest technologies to keep PlagScan up to date AND fast.
To do so we also reduced the bandwith consumption.
Besides these achievements regarding our product, we were able to double our team’s head count in 2016, which also enables us to provide better service to our customers. With our expanded team, we have set the following goals for 2016:
- The improvement of plagiarism reports: An improved navigation will deliver results faster and enable highlighting in PDF files.
- Users will be able to exclude dedicated sentences from being highlighted to eliminate false-positive results.
- We will generally rehaul our customer support material, being it online or print versions. The highlight here will be tutorial videos, which explain users all functions in detail for all of us, who enjoy moving pixels.
- Integration of Cloud Services, particularly Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
Your trust and loyalty is the foundation of our product.
Make sure to be updated about future!