We can’t believe 2018 is already coming to an end! We had a truly wonderful and fruitful year thanks to you all. With this end-of-the-year post, we would like to recap the highlights of our year and give you a sneak peek at what’s coming next in 2019.
We are enhancing PlagScan’s user experience with new features:
- The report has a new split view to compare side-by-side! For information about this useful feature, read more here.
- This year we introduced more flexibility in the settings, deadlines, and communication for submissions. We will keep improving this feature next year in order to provide our users with the best possible experience in just a few clicks.
- PlagScan is currently developing a stylometry tool for 2019. This groundbreaking feature will help detect content written by someone else. In the age of a booming ghostwriting industry, PlagScan will soon be able to assist in identifying purchased papers from writing services. “The new stylometry feature will be a huge stepping stone to help institutions identify individuals’ writing” –Markus Goldbach, PlagScan CEO.
PlagScan is expanding
Proving authorship of a text is a notorious issue at many universities, including ETH Zürich. We are pleased to support ETH, as well as other institutions, uphold academic integrity.
Global institutions, like The United Nations Development Programme, are facing the same challenges and we are likewise happy to assist them with our solutions.
A heartfelt thank you all who have entrusted PlasScan to protect the originality of their texts.
Five amazing talents joined us.
We feel incredibly blessed that Melanie, Mauricio, Kartik, David, and Verena have joined our team. They all have different backgrounds and some of even come from different countries. Our growing diversity strengthens our internal services and creates new avenues for feature development. These remarkable talents have already contributed enormously to PlagScan’s success. We’re looking forward to expanding our team even more in 2019 and are excited to meet new team members and interns in the future.
PlagScan attended major education conferences
We always want to meet our customers as well as have an ear open for new Edtech trends and for people working in the educational sector. We think it is important to exchange with people in the real world in order to collect feedback and gain new ideas that can help to improve our software. We have already visited some major education events in Europe to discuss with our partners and peers from the educational sector during:
- The OEB in Berlin,
- The NRW Venture forum
- The Higher Education Conference in London
- The E-Labor in Switzerland.
Next year, we plan to tackle more fairs and conferences. From January 29-31st, we start with Learntec, one of Europe’s leading online learning conferences, in Karlsruhe at Hall 2 Stand H14. Next, we will continue on February 19-23 with Didacta, one of the largest education fairs in Europe, in Cologne at Hall 6 C068.
You can find more information about each conference here.
This is only the beginning! If you want to know when and where you will see us at other trade fairs, stay informed and subscribe to our newsletter here.
Visit our office
Since this year, it is possible to visit our office – Easily and conveniently from your computer or mobile device. Stroll around our office and take a look at our work environment.
We wish you a great break and a smooth start into 2019.
Your PlagScan Team!