Having an archive or organization repository as a separate entity has been one of the most requested features for a while.
In October 2016 we will finally release this feature to our users, who use PlagScan as an organization (Update: The feature was released on 22nd October, read here).
As this involves some architectural changes, we made sure the transition will happen smoothly. We recommend that all existing organization administrators read the change section carefully to understand the upcoming adjustments – if in doubt, as always, please contact us!
- Organization repository: A storage of documents throughout the organization will enable the archiving of documents into a repository. This allows for example to properly keep information for future cross-checking, even after the original user leaves the organization.
- Plagiarism checking against PlagScan database: Check your documents against other documents from the internal PlagScan database, which stores information from different universities, schools and journals.
- Private documents: For our user’s flexibility, documents can now be classified as private (e.g. because of a non-disclosure agreement) and will have the following properties:
- Exclusion from internal document manager and organization checking.
- The sharing functionality will be disabled for private documents.
- Private documents are not part of the organization repository
- Repository administrator: The current PlagScan administrator may not necessarily be the same person as the person in charge for managing the repository. Being the repository administrator e.g. allows you to search and browse all document names in the repository, delete or grant others’s view permission to document contents.
- !IMPORTANT! Plagiarism checking between accounts of users in the organization: This functionality improves the organization’s structure and documents. Files in the document workspace are only considered for your own plagiarism checks (before another user of your organization could find plagiarism matches from those documents). Therefore, the documents that are intended for organization checking have to become part of the organization repository.
- Organization repository participation: Currently, a user is either part of the organization cross-checking with all documents or can opt out. In the future this distinction will be made by document location: Documents in the workspace are not considered for cross-checking – while all archived documents become part of the repository.
- Documents of deleted users can become part of the repository: You can choose to archive all respective documents to avoid losing files when a user leaves the organization. The original document owner will be notified.
- Deletion of documents in the organization repository: The repository administrator has full control over the documents that are part of the repository. Further, an organization user will be able send a request to the administrator for the deletion of the document after one of his document became part of the repository.
How to send your organization’s documents into the archive
This is how you can send documents into the repository. Choose whether it will be done manually or automatically. The manual approach makes sense if
the user doesn’t have a lot of documents. For a huge size of documentt we advise to choose the automatical approach.
- Click on Documents
- Choose the file(s) you want to send to the repository. (step1)
- Click on the wallet icon. (step2)
The file(s) vanishes and is sent to the repository. By clicking on My files in the repository you can
view all your files that have been sent into the repository.
In order to have all your documents sent automatically into the repository the user and the administrator have to set a change, that can be made each in less than a minute.
The following steps are done by the user:
- Go to Settings on the top right (step 1).
- Click on User Interface and Reporting on the left side (step 2).
- Change Removal Policy to: Remove Data after 1 Week (step 3).
- Don’t forget to save changes.
The following steps are done by administrator:
- Go to Administration on the top right (step 1).
- Click on Global Policy on the left (step 2).
- Go to Action taken on the documents removal period.
There you choose the option Send to the repository
- Don’t forget to save changes.
After one week all your documents will be transferred automatically into the repository.