We are excited to introduce you our brand-new feature for Administrators of Organizations: user group with profiles
If you have different categories of users within your organization (think student and teacher roles for example) you will love this feature:
Now you can assign each group a profile to specify their default settings and privileges on a per-group basis.
What does this mean for my organization?
Previously your settings applied to all users of your organization. Now, we present you the concept of groups instead of subdivisions:
- Groups allow to create independent settings and options for specific users.
However, there is one condition. Users should fit into a certain profile. Those certain type of profile could be student, administrator etc…
What are the advantages for me as administrator?
This feature adapts to your needs and proposes many advantages such as:
The possiblity to allow the desired options for the settings;
You can restrict options which should not apply to the already created groups;
The configuration of setting rights for user provides you more possibilities:
- You have the possiblity to hide settings to users: they cannot see them.
- Users can only see some settings: they cannot change them.
- You can choose, as administrator, to let users edit them.
- The possibility to enforce options. Each setting has several options. If you want to enforce them, just click on “Enforce”. The settings will only be visible to users: they cannot change them.
An example of setting is “Languages”. First, you have the possibility to choose the following options between: English, German, Spanish, French. When you enforce one of the language then, users will not be able to change them. Therefore, the setting “Languages” will only be visible to users and not editable.
How are my settings organized?
You can recognize 2 Levels of settings for your organization:
Level 1: Organization level
- Your configuration can be found in Administration->Users->Configuration of the organization. Before that, just log in here.
- This configuration is considered to be the default one for the groups;
- The organization decides which options are available for the groups;
- You can reset the changed option by clicking on the button “reset”.
Level 2: Group level
- Your configuration can be found in Administration->Groups: you have to click on the row of the chosen group. Before that, just log in here
- This configuration is influenced by the options of the Organization level;
- Groups are able to create a configuration that should apply for users in the group;
- You can reset the changed options to the one of the organization level by clicking on the button “reset”.
If you want to add new PlagScan users, they will get access to the default setting from your group configuration. Another user may change the options according to the settings. However, there will be no effect for your new user.
If you want to add users into your group, the previous setting for you as user will be maintained.
For example: as user, you have the current option “French” of the setting “Language”. Your group administrator wants you to be part of his group. The settings of the group for languages includes Spanish, German and English. The default setting of the group is “English”. When the administrator introduces you to the new group, your default setting will be “French” as you used to have before entering the group.
How to create a group?
To create a group simply enter its name and choose its administrative user. Group administrator can only be a PlagScan user and only for one group. As administrator of the organization you cannot be group administrator.
Try our brand-new feature when you log into your account here. Then click on Adminstration-> User Administration.
Share with us your impressions below!